Jennifer J. Yarter
I am a multimedia marketing research director in a Top 15 market. My specialty focus is broadcast television experience and I have nine years of experience in the television business, and have worked in sales, promotions, and production before ending up in research. More recently, my experience has moved into the areas of survey research and internet metrics research.
I have been personally recognized in Media Post, Broadcasting & Cable Magazine, TVNewsDay.com, Television Bureau of Advertising, The Television Business Report and Spots ‘N’ Dots for my contributions regarding the changing television industry. I was also a presenter at the 2006 Scarborough Sales, Research and Marketing Conference.
As Multimedia Marketing Research Director for WFLA NewsChannel 8, The Tampa Tribune and TBO.com, I manage all aspects of research, including Nielsen ratings and estimates, competitive information, qualitative research and marketing surveys. I analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data for the purposes of enhancing and positioning our media properties.
I led the station through three significant Nielsen methodology changes, including Live Plus delayed viewing, Zero Cell Ascription and Local People Meters, developing training programs and working with managers, sales account executives and company wide research directors to bring them up to speed on industry changes and implications.
I also analyze and interpret internet metrics research to enhance and position our internet site competitively within the marketplace.
I have extensive social media experience and I am at the forefront of our company’s social media efforts. I continually identify new trends in the social media spectrum and develop techniques for measuring success and audience growth as a result.
Also, I am involved in a number of outside associations in the local market:
- American Women in Radio and Television
- Bay Area Media Network (Past Board Member, Past Treasurer)
- The Tampa Connection (Class of 2009, Current Board Member, Co-Chair Marketing Committee)
I am the Market Development Director of the Florida Communications Group, a Media General company that includes The Tampa Tribune, WFLA-TV, TBO.com and Centro. I am in charge of market and audience research for news, circulation/distribution and advertising as well as new multi-media product development.
In addition, I also oversee the circulation system/database marketing department for The Tampa Tribune/Associate Publications and its niche products.
My professional memberships include:
- Tampa Chamber of Commerce Marketing & Communications Committee
- Tampa Chamber of Commerce (past chair of the research committee)
- Hillsborough Education Foundation board member
- Bay Gulf Credit Union (currently board member)
- United Way of Tampa Bay Strategic Planning Committee
- International Newsmedia Marketing Association
- Hillsborough County Research Network (past chair)
- Past board member of Newspaper Association of America
- Past president of the American Marketing Association (Tampa Bay Chapter)
- Leadership Tampa past member
- Florida Direct Marketing Association